Thursday 13 August 2015

Week Three. Halfway Already!!

Week three didn't start off so great here. I think we were all shattered from the camping trip and lots of walking. I hadn't made any plans at all for this week so I (stupidly) thought I'd wing it. Not a good idea. At. All. 


Monday - We were all shattered. After a morning of moody chaos and screaming Squish I decided we all needed a nap. I put all the little ones to bed after lunch and we all slept all afternoon! I couldn't believe it. They must have been worn out

Tuesday - I didn't feel too good in the morning. I had a headache and my tummy felt a bit odd. After the massive sleep the day before the boys needed a run to burn some energy so we headed of to the local animal park. I hoped the fresh air would do me good but unfortunately not. The kids Dad ended up coming round to look after them as I had my head in the loo... 


Wednesday - Still feeling a bit odd from the day before we headed off into town. I had to post some letters, Squish needed a haircut and my lady needed some big girl shoes.
The boys were surprisingly well behaved so they shared a Shakeaway milkshake as a treat.


Thursday - Turned out to be a bit of a day. We took the dog for walk in the woods to try to burn some boy energy too. I left my lady asleep at home with Big. Unfortunately it didn't seem like we were there long before I got a text saying she was awake. Chaos had a sleep after lunch while I chilled out with the others. 

At teatime, I was putting my lady in her high chair. She was wriggling about a fair bit and I was sat at a stupid angle when something suddenly gave way in my wrist. I have broken my scaphoid before so put my splint on to support it and carried on with dinner. Unfortunately, the pain didn't ease so I went off for an xray with my Dad, leaving the kids with their Dad. The nurse said she could see the previous break but no new injury. She said the scaphoid is notorious for weakness and poor recovery and advised I wear my splint for the next few weeks. 



Friday - Givent hat it was a sunny day and I couldn't lift a thing, I decided to get the boys a paddling pool and a gazebo to keep them out of the sun. They spent ages playing in it until they had to come in for tea. 
We had made a yummy cake in the morning so we had that for afters. 
Once the darlings were all in bed, I spent the evening sat by the fire in the yurt garden with a cider and making smores. Perfect.



Saturday - Having a bit of time to myself, I managed to paint most f the shed wall. I really like the cleanness of the colour. I am tempted to paint the whole thing now though which may look odd against the house. 
In the evening, I also managed to paint a background on the chimney for the boys selfies to go on. The finished project will be in a post once it's finished. 



Sunday - We nipped off to the car boot sale for an early morning bargain. I wanted to get a walker for my little lady as she is at that stage now. Way too soon if you ask me!! After a lazy afternoon I managed to cut the grass ready for bin day the next day. There is nothingl ike the satisfaction of a freshly mown lawn! 

1 comment:

  1. I live the boys selfie wall Hun. Hope your hand is ok now I forgot you did that again! T is looking far too grown up, shoes and walkers!? No way! Hope these last few weeks are good to you xxx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!