Friday 5 September 2014

My 3 Things....

Confessions of a Single Parent Pessimist

This has been quite a testing week in many ways but I think I have made some improvements in spite of all the crap things that have haven't gone well.
Things That Haven't Gone Well

1. My husband left last weekend which has been quite hard to deal with but hey, it's his loss, right?! 

2. Had a scare with baby's heart so had to go on the monitor for a while but luckily all is ok.

3. Had my wallet stolen yesterday at a kids play session! 

Of all these things that have gone wrong, none of them have been because I messed something up. It is just stuff that's happened and I'm not going to beat myself up over it.

Things To Focus On Next Week

1. I want to plan what I'm doing with the boys a bit more and plan our meals a bit further in advance.

2. I have been sticking (loosely) to a bedtime rout one with the boys and it seems to be paying off. They have been in bed and asleep within half an hour all week. It's a miracle!! 

3. I want to organise all the boxes of "stuff" that have been unearthed during all the decorating. 

I think that is plenty to be getting on with. Given how crappy this week has been, I refuse to beat myself up over it. If anything I think I've coped pretty well. 

3 comments:

  1. You've coped amazingly well keep going with the boys seems to be working! Good luck with the de clutter too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a very good plan! You're right about not beating yourself up! Great attitude! You'll come out of this smelling like roses all because of your attitude. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear about the break up. Hope it isn't permanent.
    The one important thing you havent done in this post is write about the three things you've done well this week which may be of comfort! One is definitely that you've handled break up amazingly which many would struggle with!

    Thanks for linking to #My3things

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!