Wednesday 10 September 2014

An Uncensored Ranty Post

I feel the need to have a rant. There will be swearing. I am just going to type whatever comes so don't be offended, this is just how I feel for this split second. Why am I doing it? Because the things I want to say aren't suitable for my current audience.. (Chaos and Squish) so you lot get it instead!

Right, my biggest problem at the moment is people telling me to slow down. I understand why they are saying this but I don't have a team of Fucking fairies to pick up where I left off. My selfish bastard husband has fucked off without a backward glance and doesn't give a shit how much stuff needs doing or how totally fucked I am. It's no longer his problem is it? He has a lovely shiny new car he traded us in for so hes happy as a pig in shit.

All the people who keep saying I shouldn't dig the garden or paint my room are also at the back of the non existent que to help. It's easy to offer this crap advice but it doesn't actually help at all. It just makes me feel even more utterly Fucking alone in the huge struggle to parent three challenging boys, prepare for the babies arrival in 3 weeks and get everything organised in time.

I could fill a sheet of paper with names of people who have offered to help and have a blank page with the ones that will actually turn up. I don't need advice I need some Fucking help so unless you're willing to pitch in, keep your bloody gob shut and sod off, I'm not interested!!

I would also like to add to this all the people who get offended if I don't call back or  reply in a certain amount of time. Surprisingly, I am a tad busy. My kids can wreck a room faster than I can organise on which makes everything, EVERYTHING a ridiculously, massive challenge.
Have you ever left something uploading to YouTube while you do something else, then when you come back the laptop has shut down and you have to start again? That's what every job is like here. This means I might not have time to chat about the latest goings on at work or hep much you bought your latest pair of boots for! Selfishly, I don't care. I am totally overwhelmed and all I hear, every waking minute of every day is the clock ticking reminding me I don't have much time. I'm writing this thinking I should have the dinner going by now, I haven't tidied up to tools in the garden, there is a massive pile of washing on my bed that is still unmade from Monday. I could cry. Seriously, I could sit here and cry for hours but it's just a waste of time. Nothing will get done, the boys will trash another room in the house and I will end up feeling even worse so thanks for reading and hopefully I'll post in a better mood next time!

6 comments:

  1. Next time someone offers help, say, It would be really helpful if you came over at 9.30 tomorrow to help me paint. If they say they're busy then, offer them to choose a good time. That will sort out the actual helpers from those with empty words.

    When people offer help, take them up on it, call their bluff, tell them exactly what help it is you need. Don't be polite and nod, tell them what you need.

    And I'm sending you hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to read this. I obviously hadn't read your blog for a while because I knew you were pregnant, but didn't you were on your own. Absolutely say 'yes please' and tell people what you need and when if they start talking about offering help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I was nearer id be there in a heartbeat! I hope I've never made you feel worse than you already do, I'm sure in in the clear though ;) I agree with Rachel catch people out with days and times and the ones who squirm out are not worth keeping, they'll be first to line up for a baby viewing I bet!! Love you lots you're doing good Kat, I promise you you are priorities, and a secret? I never make my bed hahahaha !! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hannah Banana, you know you're in the clear! I haven't even put sheets on my bed, my baaad! Can't wait to see you cupcake xxx

      Sarah, he left less than two weeks ago so I'm sure you're not far behind!
      Both you and Rachel are right, of course. I do accept help but the problem is not many people offer. I shall start dragging them in off the street soon and pay them with tea and custard creams haha!

      Thanks ladies xx

      Delete
  4. So much is expected of us mothers and no one is helping. Same reason why I want to go out of this marriage. I dont know how to help you but if it will make you feel better you are not alone in this situation =(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I want to give you a great big hug! This has got to be overwhelming. And for you to pull it off (and you WILL because you are a strong and intelligent woman) is only proof of how amazing YOU are. If the venting makes you feel better in any way, then please do so! You will always have my ear and my support. {{HUGS}}

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!