Monday 18 August 2014

#BEDA Day 18 - My Collection





If you came to my house, you may well think I am one of those hoarders on tv. I feel like we have way too much clutter here and it drives me nuts! I am trying to sort it all out before the baby arrives but she may well beat me to it!

The things I actually collect are pretty well hidden (amongst the clutter!). There are only a few things I like enough to have a collection of (that will fit in the house).

1. Snow globes.

I love them! We did start getting one every time we went somewhere but since Squish came along we haven't really been away anywhere. I just realised I should have looked for one when we were in Cornwall but I totally forgot. Next time...


My husband bought me the fairy a few years ago which started the collection. Big got me the Minehead one on holiday with his Dad. The white lighthouse we got from the Isle of White and I can't remember where the Red lighthouse is from but Im sure Big got it while he was away with his Dad. I love them. Watching the twinkling "snow" fall is magic and we all need a little magic! 

2. Postcards

I joined Postcrossing over a year ago and have nearly a hundred postcards from around the world. I love seeing where other people live and hearing a bit about them. I also love the surprise of getting a card in the post as I never know where the next one is coming from. Originally, I wanted to put all the cards up on the wall as a kind of international mural but I would have to put them high enough so the boys couldn't reach them or they would pull them down. Maybe when they are older... 

3. Magnets

Before the boys came along, I collected fridge magnets. We had quite a collection from all over the place. Unfortunately, the boys have both been through the "magnet phase" so we dont have many left now. I may start collecting them again once they are all past the stage of being fascinated with them but until then it's a waste of lovely magnets! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!