Wednesday 23 July 2014

Celebrating Todays Achievements

I said yesterday that I would try to look for all the positive things each day to keep me from feeling completely down about everything. Here is my collection of things from today. I am choosing to ignore all the things I didn't get done and focus on these positives instead.

So here is the first one..


Washing up.  Of all household jobs I dislike washing up the most. This pile felt monumental so I was very pleased when I finished it all. I also love the big clear space on the worktop which makes the kitchen look deceptively cleaner haha!

Number two...



Not only did I get a load of washing done and out on the line. I also moved the trampoline back to its original spot on the left side of the garden. The boys think it's great fun to pull the washing down whilst jumping, hence the huge gap in the middle of the line. It is one of those silly little jobs I've been meaning to do for ages but just haven't got around to.

Number three...


We made jelly! I know, nothing monumental there but I sat down with the boys and we talked, laughed and had a few minutes of stress free fun. THAT is monumental! I forget sometimes that it's not what you're doing but that you're taking the time to do it, that matters. It's an easy thing to forget sometimes.

Number four...


I hoovered!! We have a brown carpet on the stairs, hall and landing. It's amazing how much fluff and dog hair show up on it. Mud doesn't obviously but the stray custard cream crumbs stuck out a mile! I also hoovered the front room and the kitchen. Actually,  that's the whole of the downstairs!! Woo, go me!

Number five...


I made a pasta bake for tea and there's none left (other than a tub for my husbands lunch tomorrow) so it was obviously quite tasty.

I am quite pleased with todays achievements. I am not even thinking about what to do tomorrow.  I am going to bask in the small glory of all I achieved today. Once these boys are asleep I am going to curl up with my husband to watch a film with a tub of Ben&Jerrys. A perfect end to the day...

4 comments:

  1. You've achieved so much today, well done sweet :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely! I know you understand how hard it is too xx

      Delete
  2. I would call that a brilliant day Kat, when my two youngest were smallies it was the housework that was always left. Ben and Jerries sounds good. x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must admit, I haven't done any housework other than washing up for at least a week so it's been long overdue. Relief to know it's not just me, thanks Joy! Xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment as I would love to know who comes too visit, thanking you muchly!